Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day of School!

Today was our first official day of school!  What an amazing blessing to gather around the table with my boys and break open the books.

My toddler was just not "feeling it", though.  He is no fan of all of our noses being stuck in the books for hours.  He is used to brothers being unable to resist a good game of hide and go seek, or wrestling or horseback riding on our wood floor.  Bless his sweet heart.  He even tried to settle for some "Hee-Vee".  But no one would have been interested in school if even so much as Brainy Baby or Letter Factory came on.  And he has about 15 minutes worth of interest in any "toys".  Like my oldest, he is definitely a more interactive guy.  I have taken most of the kids' toys out of the house a few times and nobody really noticed.  They would all much rather play with each other.  Or destroy, unravel, unfold or free things from drawers.  And yet, I love my boys and wouldn't trade them for a housekeeper or anything else in all the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment