Monday, September 20, 2010

There are some good things on T.V.

My family has two shows on television that we really love to watch together.  Every week that either of these shows run, my husband keeps a close eye on the DVR to make sure nothing messes up the recording.  It is like we are waiting to check in with the Roloff Family and the Duggar Family.  If you had told me years ago that I would feel so much love and concern for TV personalities who don't even know me, I would've thought you were crazy.

I just absolutely love watching the way the Roloffs handle their challenges together as well as the way they celebrate life together.  The father, Matt Roloff, is a Little Person (dwarf) who dreams big.  He has been through a lot of adversity in life, but has used his tender heart and huge vision to come out stronger and more appreciative of every blessing that comes his way.  His wife, Amy, is the anchor of the family.  While Matt stands on the stern of the ship with his telescope to his eye, scanning the horizon for uncharted territory, Amy keeps things on an even keel.  Her dedication to her family is an inspiration.  The best part is, they don't hide who their True Anchor is.  I particularly love watching how Amy deals with her twenty year old boys.  We have been watching since they were 14 or 15, I think, and it has been precious to see their relationships evolve over the years.  My boys love watching the brothers interact.  My Dad loves watching and saying, "Now that is just some beautiful country up there, I'll tell you what."  And as it is filmed in Oregon, it really is something to behold every Autumn.

I do think that many people have heard of the amazing Duggar Family and their 19 beautiful children.  My boys will replay episodes of the show "19 Kids and Counting" over and over.  There is just so much wholesome goodness packed into this show.  Such a strong Christian testimony.  So much love.  The children have become so dear to us!  Each of them has their own personality and their own strengths, yet all of them are so full of character and joy!

I am so glad that I found these two gems on T.V. that I wouldn't want anyone to miss them!  They are on TLC or Discovery on Mondays for the Roloffs, Little People, Big World and Tuesdays for 19 Kids and Counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment