Monday, January 31, 2011

One of the real reasons I homeschool

Last week while my Mom was visiting, she asked, "Have you talked to your sister?"


"No, why?"

"Well, your nephew got sent to the office for returning from lunch with no shoes on.  He got in trouble, and eventually they retrieved his shoes from over the school yard fence, but they had no idea why he did it".





"He ended up telling your sister that after playing "it" on the playground, a mob of 2nd graders had attacked him.  Two boys held him down so a little girl could slap him.  After hitting him, spitting on him and calling him names, they threw his shoes over the fence and told him that if he told anyone, they would shove him in the trunk of a car.  So, he didn't tell anyone."

But his Mama sure did!  The principal and teachers held a meeting with some of the kids and whatever happened, whatever they found out, ten 2nd grade students were suspended from school.  The teacher told my sister that she had never seen or heard of anything like it from such little ones.

He went back to school today, so my heart is heavy for him.  But I trust his Mama who has chosen this path for Him.  And I trust the Savior that she follows.  I know that even though my initial reaction was, "He can just come to Auntie's house and get his schooling.  He never has to go back to that place!" that every mama knows best for her own children.  God speaks to each mama about her own babies.  And God has a plan for each and every one of those babies.  Whether they go to private school, public school, homeschool, or a combination of each at different seasons, God knows the "when" and the "why".  And His plans are for good.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD,  'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you,' declares the LORD..."  Jeremiah 29:11-14a

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

8 comments:

  1. Oh that just breaks my heart. I stopped by to "meet" after after the kind comment you left on my photo blog. Making my husband laugh is one of my f.a.v.o.r.i.t.e. things to do & I don't even think I'm that funny so I have to work to make him laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My poor little Ry !! It broke my heart to send him back, but he seems fine... I just feel blessed that I wasn't one of those parents that had their 2nd grader suspended !! Could you imagine how it would feel to receive that phone call ??!! Ryan will be fine, but whatever made those children behave like that and think that it was okay freaks me out !! What is going on in their home ?? Have they seen that kind of violence or been hurt like that themselves ?? Probably just too much video games or TV shows with violence, but it makes me wonder....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ryan bad situation but ryan is tough and will get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how awful! That poor boy. And in a lot of ways I feel bad for those other kids too. I mean what is going on in their worlds that they think this is the way to treat others? It's sad. But I love what you said about each mama knowing what God wants for their babies. I'm going to remember that the next time I get into a parenting debate with someone. That's such a perfect way to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lil Sis! I am glad my sweetie pie is doing well! He is such a strong little man. I have been praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To "anonymous" aka my pumpkin, spoken like a true man-uncle! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Upstatemamma, thank you for stopping by! I headed over to your blog and was so blessed by the way you chronicle your precious family's life!

    I am sure those kids just got caught up in the moment. It is a good learning experience to get out at a young age. Hopefully there are ten, make that eleven, kids who have learned to stand up to bullies and not become one. God can redeem this experience and change their lives forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the post. Very sorry to hear. I remember getting picked on all through Grade School. (And it didn't help my character one bit for those who claim such.) My children know none of this. I am very grateful for those who stood up to the system and have made Homeschooling possible here in American. They truly are modern day hero's.

    ReplyDelete