Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Patron of the Books

Homeschooling is great! And it doesn't have to be expensive. Especially if you make good use of your local library.

However, my husband is no longer buying it-the inexpensive part. Does anyone else feel the need to check out 40+ of the neatest books, like I do? I come home, presenting them to each of my children as gifts. There are "ooohs" and "ahhhhs" and "which one did you get?" remarks flying all over the place. I just love it. It is good stuff, and it is free.

That is until 3 weeks later when I realize that the books are just a tad bit overdue. Do you know what 40 books x 15 cents a day x 3 days is? It is a good homeschool math calculation to know, I tell ya.

Now times that by 4 times a year. You are starting to see my point, right? That one day, they may just have to name a wing of our local library after me. I could just be one of their biggest donors.

No comments:

Post a Comment